Accutane acne removal medicine is used to get rid of acne called as cystic acne which is hard to get to get rid of by normal treatments. This type of medication is called as Retinoids (any group of compounds having effects like vitamin A). It lessens the facial oil in the skin which is the kind of oil that makes the acne develop in the skin. If this acne is not cured properly it may spread of all over you face.
Proper use of the medication–
The instructions given the guide which will be provided by your health adviser should be followed properly.
You should swallow the Accutane tablet whole. The tablet is taken 15-20 weeks twice daily that is the normal prescription. The tablets can be taken with meals. Eating food will help the medicine to be absorbed in your bloodstream. Take the medicine with a glass of water.
- Some of the side effects of the drug-
- Inflammation of the eyelids or lips
- Blood may come of the nose
- Lips and mouth will become dry
- There may be stomach upset
- Hair thinning
If some of the problem continues talk with your medical adviser. He or she must have seen if the medicine is applicable to your body and health. They must be the better judge of your situation. But if you get any of these side effects immediately meet your health adviser.
- Ache in the head
- Loss in hearing
- Bleeding in the rectum
- Eyes which may turn yellow
- Diarrhea etc
Some of the precautions you need to take before using the medicine are-
- Confirm with your health adviser if you need to use the medicine if you have any allergic reactions to some medications.
- This medicine has some inactive ingredient in it like parabens and soybeans. Some people are allergic to it, so be aware of using this medicine if you fall into this category.
- If you have diabetes or a history of some illness share this information with the health adviser.
- This medicine will make your skin more sensitive to sunlight so don’t go out in the sun often. Apply suns cream and wear light clothing.
- Avoid using machinery or any activity that make you us your eyes.
- Cosmetic skin clearing like waxing, laser treatment should be avoided.
- Consumption of alcohol must be avoided when you are using this medicine.
- The medicine should not be used during the pregnancy period.
Accutane should be stored at room temperature and away from children and pets. It is better if kept away from heat and excessive moisture too as it will affect the performance of the medicine.
It’s an effective drug for people with severe acne. Isotretinoin is closely monitored by the doctors whose patients use them.
The Accutane liquid filled 0.5mg-1.0mg is given in the division of two doses with food for fifteen to twenty weeks.
Isotretinoin dosage is 0.25 to 0.5mg taken orally two times a day for twenty weeks.
There are many users of this medicine who have got rid of the severe cases of acne. So you can visit the health practitioner for the correct prescription of this drug.